Web based platform artedu.ru: virtual conference|
Since the conference “Art and Education” within the Art Moscow art fair (17―21 May 2006) as a communication medium is limited both in terms of time and location, the idea of the web-based platform Artedu.ru was developed with the aim to extend the framework of the conference to the level of an international discussion representing a wide range of professional opinions.
With this objective in view, we establish contact with individual specialists as well as various educational institutions and teachers engaged there.
The range of topics involved in discussions on the platform includes those listed below. Furthermore, new topics can be added.
Topics of interviews:
1) Principles of education in the modern society.
2) Principles of education in contemporary art.
3) The proportion of practical and theoretical education
4) Theoretical disciplines recommended for education in the field of art.
5) Lists of texts and authors recommended for study in art-specialized educational institutions
6) The competence expected from graduates of art-specialized educational institutions
7) To what extent the principles of education must take into account the transformation of educational institutions from state-supported autonomous institutions into enterprises offering immaterial service.
The main medium of this project will be the web-based platform artedu.ru where it is planned to publish the materials of the conference (records of speeches and round-table discussions) as well as opinions of the persons not participating in the conference in the real time. These opinions can be published in form of video, audio and text.
The organizers of the project reserve the right to present these materials offline – in form of video, audio and text – for educational purposes.
curator of the conference “Art&Education”